The Online SQL Formatter helps to format the SQL query or statements to more readable and understandable manner.
It also validates input data before serialization. If input is not a proper SQL statement,
then formatter will throw error, at what line of statement input data is wrong.
There are various functionalities supported by SQL Formatter, those are:
- It supports custom indentation level of values and based on user need it can be provided as options.
- It has a separate Options/Setting screen which allows to customize formatting result based on need. eFormatter loads with default options as per standard.
- Supports live preview, which means no need to perform any additional button click or submit form to see result.
- Allows to copy Output result to clipboard memory, so that Serialized result can be copy as plain text and save using any text editor as per need.
- Support functionality to upload a file with .sql extension and download formatted result as SQL file.
- SQL Formatter supports many options to format different type of statements:
- Indent Value: allows to defined spacing before each line or statements
- No of Columns Per Row: allows to give number of character columns for each line of formatted result
- No of Line Breaks per Statement: allows to set number of line breaks for each individual statements available in the given input or file.
- No of Line Breaks per Clause: allows to set number of line breaks for each SQL Clause available in the given input or file.
- Expand COMMA Separated: allows to expand comma separated statement to new line.
- Comma after line: allows to format comma at starting or ending of each statement or line if Expand COMMA Separated set to true.
- Allow SPACE after Comma: allows to set space before or after comma in the statement if Expand COMMA Separated set to true.
- Expand BOOLEAN Expression: allows to expand each conditionals statement into new line.
- Expand CASE Statement: allows to expand each Case statements and sub conditions into new line.
- Expand BETWEEN Statement: allows to expand each Between statements into new line.
- Expand IN Statement: allows to expand each IN statements into new line.
- Expand JOIN ON Section: allows to expand each Join statements into new line.
- Uppercase Keywords: allows to format all SQL keywords into upper case letter.
- Enable Coloring: allows to format each key words, methods and expressions in colourful way for better representation.
- Enable Keyword Standardization: allows to set all key words as SQL standard only.
- Is Minification: allows to minify, if this option set to true then all other above options will be ignored by tool.
- Minify Preserve Comments: allows to preserve commented statements as it is there in given input. This option applicable only if Minification set to true.